This IS IT!!! The worthy successor of the chaos in my senses left by Better Than the Movies, with Wes and Liz, whose potent chemistry i was searching in all her other books... Dame and Jules absolutely BROUGHT it!!! I had to stop myself from devouring it, and was constantly delaying finishing the book, because with some books, you NEVER want the magic to come to an end...
Lynn, in her quintessentially fabulous way, merges Gossip Girl with a small town mid western honest to goodness community vibe, and ends up smelling like pumpkin spiced latte!
The premise of a rich, eccentric uncle, handing over his inheritance and home to an unknown family from Nebraska was wildly hilarious and I completely got Dame's reaction! I mean he's worked hard and poured his heart out to his uncle, to be left out cold, I do not blame him in the least - he's as human as we get! and when he's asked to tutor Julia, his nemesis and the proprietor of his house, let the games begin! and they do - with fanfare, wildly exulting text exchanges and the skewering of thrill a minute teenage hormones that have become the hallmark of Lynn's work!
The magic is in the air as Dame is caught squarely between avoidance of all social norms to escape the crushing judgement of the societe, whilst also struggling to be himself around Julia's honest and open admiration. This was sheer brilliance which made the storyline! And the magnificent Uncle Remi quotes punctuating the start of each chapter!
I ADORE sibling entropies being brought in with Liam, Lauren and Teanna an absolute gold stars, and I'd love to see them in a sequel soon, maybe even Beckett and Don...
My falling in love and trust renewed thank yous to Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing and Netgalley for proving me an opportunity to savor and relish this tempting arc.
#TrustFallLynnPainter #Netgalley #UncleRemi #SeptemberReads
No comments:
Post a Comment